Introductions all around

I decided to start this project because I didn't think there was a website that folks could go to and find out just what's accessible and what's not here in Louisville, Ky.

The idea is really simple: start a blog, post entries about places I've gone to, letting folks know the lowdown on wheelchair access.

I'm Mary Johnson, the initial Grand Poobah of this blog, and I've been around disability rights in Louisville almost since it began about 400 years ago -- no; really -- but since the 70s. An old-timer, in other words. I've covered disability rights stuff for a long time, and I type pretty fast, so I thought this would be a natural thing for me to do since I'm currently involved in running a business and not doing much disability rights wise. This blog doesn't take too much of my time (since I type fast!!)

I don't do photos well, though -- and the main thing I do when I go out is go to restaurants. So this site is going to be really top-heavy with restaurant access stuff. . . .

Unless you folks reading help out. And I really really want help!

HERE'S HOW: just post a comment below (or on any entry), telling about a good (or bad) place for wheelchair access. Please be really specific about what makes it accessible -- or inaccessible.

I'd love you to leave your name, but you don't have to. If you're "anonymous" and if I don't personally know the place you're writing about, then I'll have to get it checked out before I blog about it.

If you've got photos, even better. You can set up a blog and post them and we'll link to them, or we'll figure out some other way to get them on here.

Tell folks about this site and please, please contribute!